Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.
Refer to: navigate to these guys